(root used for substitute coffee)
2,174.25 acres granted to María Juana de Los Angles in 1845.
East of Mission San Luis Rey.
Cuajome Rancho (home of the frog)
2,219.41 acres granted to Andrés and José Manuel, two Luiseño Indians in 1845.
City of Encinitas.
Las Encinitas Rancho
(little live oaks)
1 sq. league or 4,431.03 acres granted in 1842 to Andrés Ybarra.
City of San Marcos..
Los Vallecitos de San Marcos Rancho
8,877.49 acres granted to JoséMaría Alvarado in 1840.
Agua Hedionda Rancho
13,331.01 acres grant in 1842 to Juan María Marrón.
Near Palomar Mountain State Park.
Pauma Rancho (bring water)
3 sq. leagues or 13,309.60 acres granted to José Antonio Serrano in 1844.
El Rincon del Diablo Rancho
12,653.77 acres, 3 sq. leagues, granted to Juan Bautista Alvarado in 1843.
Rancho Guejito y Canada de Palomia
(small gravel or pebbles)
3 sq. leagues or 13,298.59 acres granted to JoséMaria Orozco in 1845.
Santa Ysabel Rancho
4 sq. leagues or 17,719.40 acres granted to José Joaquín Ortega and his son-in-law Edward Stokes in 1844.
Part of present-day Camp Pendelton.
Rancho San Onofre y Margarita
89,742 acres was granted to Andres and Pío Pico 1841. Their lands conjoined with Las Flores Rancho which they had acquired from the Indians.
Present day Warner Ranch
San José Del Valle and Valle de San José Rancho (aka Warner Ranch)
26,688.93 acres and 17,634.06 acres granted to Silvestre de la Portilla in 1836 who abandoned the land by 1840 when José Antonio Pico received a portion of the rancho but later abandoned it. Juan José Warner was granted the whole area in 1844.