Chapter 4: The U.S. - Mexican War in San Diego
Books to Read
- A balanced in-depth account of this important battle.
- Sally Cavell Jones. The Battle of San Pascual. Masters Thesis: University of San Diego, 1973.
- A first-hand account of the Mexican War in San Diego by a Mexicano.
- Raymond S. Brandes, trans. "Times Gone By in Alta California: Recollections of Senora Doña Juana Machado Alipaz de Ridington," Historical Society of Southern California. 41 (1959): 195-240.
- The most current and up-to-date survey of the war in California.
- Neal Harlow, California Conquered: War and Peace on the Pacific, 1846-1850. Berkeley, Los Angeles and London: University of California Press, 1982.
Note: The audio files require software to play them.
Download the free Quicktime Player