Chapter 3: Mexican San Diego
Books to Read
- A history of Mexican California written by a Mexican Californian.
- Antonio María Osio. The History of Alta California: A Memoir of Mexican California. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1996.
- A very comprehensive overview of all of the Southwest in this period.
- David J. Weber, The Mexican Frontier, 1821-1846: The American Southwest Under Mexico. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 1982.
- Memoirs of Pico, the last Mexican governor, who grew up in San Diego.
- Don Pío. Pico's Historical Narrative, trans. Arthur P. Botello. Glendale: The Arthur Clark Company, 1973.
Note: The audio files require software to play them.
Download the free Quicktime Player